1. The laws on how old one has to be may vary from one state to another
As per the laws, there are no federal regulations of the tattoo or piercing industries. So to get that tiny little star on your wrist totally depends on where you live. In some states teens of even 14 years old are allowed to get a tattoo, whereas others have a strict 18+ policy.
- Body tattoo or piercing won’t leave you unemployed
Studies suggest that the number of people who think a tattoo shows a liking to “deviant” behavior is decreasing. According to the survey, people above age 50 are much more likely to see “tattoo trend” as a change for the bad.
- The issue rate for tattoo is very low
Although the rate of infection is not known currently, experts say that with the increasing number of tattoos placed each day and few cases of complications from clients getting inked, the rate is comparatively low.
- Infection does occur, and you should know the warning signs
Infection can occur because of things like contaminated tattoo needles or ink, insufficient cleaning of the skin that is being inked, or due to injury at the time of healing. Infections usually come up between 4 to 22 days of getting a tattoo. Your tattoo artist should make aware of the signs of infection and give you descriptive information for the same.
- A curved barbell is safer than a ring on your belly button
According to experts, the best way to reduce the risk of infection, discomfort, and scarring for belly button piercings is to go for a curved barbell, instead of a traditional ring. Or else these piercings will take more time to heal because they are coming in constant contact with things such as t-shirts and waistbands.
- Though your mouth harbor bacteria, infection rates for lip and tongue piercings are quite low
If you get any infection on lip and tongue after piercing, there are several rinses you can use to get rid of the infection.
- Heavy jewelry might stretch your earlobes out
The best way to prevent a condition like this is switch out those heavy, huge earrings with lighter or small studs and loops, which are not so heavy.
- Though piercing is safe, some cases come of adverse reaction to a piercing
This can happen due to several reasons including abnormal bleeding to things like keloids.